5th May 2017
32 Mals, New Boy’s and guests gathered in Lincolnshire for the 2017 Golf Day. All enjoyed the challenging course and glorious sunshine, however once again the scoring and presentation ceremony descended into chaos… In scenes very similar to the 2013 Golf Day (also in Lincolnshire) the Robinson Receptacle was initially presented to the announced winner – Alistair Hick – only to be snatched from his grasp by Martin Gibbs on countback. Ironically it was Alistair that did the same to Glenn Dann previously.
36 points each was a very respectable score, but the glory went to Joss Davidge with a hole in one. Congratulations Joss and thanks for the drink! Well done and thanks to our President and Golf Organizator for facilitating everything so well…
- First (on countback): Martin Gibbs – 36 points
- Second: Alistair Hick – 36 points
- Third: James Ward – 35 points
- Nearest the pin: Sam Lighting, Martin Gibbs, Paul Calfe, Pete Nestrop, Joss Davidge, Dave Martin
- Longest Drive: Darrel Foulk, Jeremy Chadwick