3rd May 2019
An excellent turn out for our Presidents Golf Day at Belton Woods, playing the Lakes Course.
32 Mals/Not yet Mals/New Boy came to support the event on a cold and drizzly day – that’s all I left up to the President. The weather, he assured me, was perfect for the farmers and was typical for the area.
A bit of a challenging course for most of us, it was only when I said that the water didn’t come into play that I found that it did!
It turned out to be an excellent choice of venue with many choices for our post-match dinner although next year I must ask for a separate dining room as I am sure that we could have upset many of the other guests in the restaurant. We were joined for dinner by Geoff Snell, Harry Marsland, Andy Clay and a welcome return of Ciaron Sykes (alias F. Snatch). Plus our thanks to The President for booking the Number 36 Bus to take in the sites of Grantham.
- Winner: Keith Williams – 37 points
- Second: Graham Willington – 35 points
- Third (countback): Steve Pickard – 34 points
- Nearest the Pin: Paul Simmonds (2nd), Adam Bryant (11th)
- Nearest the Pin in 3: Dave Dallaway (18th)
- Longest Drive on the 8th: Keith Williams
- Longest Drive on the 18th: Charlie Applewhite